Panhandle Patty Melts Publix Aprons highlights a special recipe for making Panhandle Patty Melts with Steakhouse Elite’s Kobe-Crafted beef burgers.
Panhandle Patty Melts Recipe
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 8 slices Bakery Deli Marble Rye bread
- 8 slices Swiss cheese (6 oz)
- 8 teaspoons Dijonnaise
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 (6-oz) Kobe-blend (or ground beef) burger patties
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire pub burger seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large, nonstick sauté pan on medium. Place 4 bread slices in pan; top each with cheese. Drizzle Dijonnaise (about 1 teaspoon) over cheese; cook 3-4 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove bread from pan; set aside to cool. Repeat. Meanwhile, slice onion.
- Season both sides of burgers with burger seasoning; press onions into one side of burger patties (wash hands). Place oil and remaining 1 tablespoon butter in pan, then add burgers, onion side down; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until burgers are 160°F.
- Place burgers on bread slices; top with remaining bread slices. Wipe pan out. Return assembled sandwiches to pan on medium; cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until bread is warm and crispy. Cut into quarters; serve.
TOTAL TIME - 25 minutes (Makes 16 servings)