Where can you go where you: can be part of the live action, celebrate with your community, wear costumes, and act like you’re 21 all over again? Why, tailgating, where else!
Tailgating has become part of the American weekend culture from August until February. Not only doe professional sports teams get in on the action, but NCAA football teams all around the U.S. have become the venue space to accommodate excitable tailgaters.
So, why, you may ask, do people love to get out the BBQ’s, face paint, and ice chests so much? We asked some seasoned tailgaters and here’s what they said:
• It’s fun
• You feel like part of the “team” by participating in the action
• You get to engage with other fans on game day
• The other fans boost your enthusiasm
• It’s a great way to unite with college friends once you’ve graduated
• Every tailgate has different games, foods, and drinks to try
• It’s a kick to see all the face tattoos, face paint, jerseys, and fan get-ups
• Many radio stations and sponsors give away free fan swag
• It’s family-friendly with activities and games for any age of game-goer
• The food is tasty, unique, and delicious!
So, tailgating is really about the food (just add game day gear, beverages, and games). But even if you can’t make it to the stadium, you can re-create the tailgating fun right at home with delicious food, fun games, and good company.
Whether you are opting to drive in and pull the tailgate down, or just cozy up on your own couch on game day, try these crowd-pleasing tailgating recipes and make your game day something special! And remember, with Steakhouse Elite pre-pressed, quality beef patties available in four-packs from your grocer, you can have your burgers ready in four minutes on each side, so you never have to miss a tailgating moment!
Take a twist on the classics: MAPLE-BACON BEER BURGER
Make ahead and enjoy the game uninterrupted: STEAKHOUSE ELITE CROCKPOT BOLOGNESE
A serve-yourself recipe for a large game day crowd: STEAKHOUSE ELITE GUINNESS SLOPPY JOES
A just-the-basics chili recipe: CHILLY DAY BEEF CHILI
Something to warm you up on a cold game day: BEEFED UP MAC AND CHEESE
A fall-chili remix: PALEO PUMPKIN SPICE CHILI
Some do it in a park. Some do it in the dark. Some do it in the privacy of their own neighborhood. But wherever you do your tailgate, make sure it’s not missing the one thing everyone loves about tailgating…the food! Brought to you by the ready-to-grill burgers of Steakhouse Elite!